Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Club Notes - January 6, 2021

We had a small group today, including one prospective new member.  Mostly we talked about what to do with the 4 boxes of ties we received.  In addition to zipper bags and totes, Ceal Pedersen suggested making log cabin quilt blocks.


Show and Tell:
 
At our last meeting, Ceal took home some of the donated block kits and came back today with 10 completed quilt blocks. She also made a bunch of zipper and tote bags
 
Deb Chapman showed 2 sets of placemats she made for her kids and a couple of wine coasters.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I showed a pillowcase I finished and the zipper bag and tote bag I made as samples from ties. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I missed working with my embroidery machine lately so over the holiday I finished a reef wall hanging that has been on my to-do list for years.

***************
Each of the ladies took home some of the ties to work with.  I spent the afternoon sorting the zippers we had in the closet by size and combining them with ones I had in storage.  We now have separate bags of 5"-6", 7", 8", 9-11", 12", 14", 16", 18", 20", and 22" or longer zippers.  I have placed the longest ones (18" and up) in our section of the closest and took the rest home.

I stayed a little longer than everyone else to wait for a lady who said she was coming with a large fabric donation.  I was dumbfounded by how much she had in her car.  We sorted through at least 12 boxes of fabric in the parking lot and I accepted 5 boxes full.  Most of it will become dog bed sleeves, but there was also some quilt fabric and a good amount of bias tape and ric-rac.  It all went directly into storage, so if you have a use for some of this before I bring it in, let me know.
 
We don't have a meeting room next week, so our next meeting will be on January 20th.  I will send out  a reminder note a few days before then.  If you would like any fabric, zippers, or fiberfill to work on charity projects before then, let me know and I will drop a bag by your front door.  In the meantime, stay safe and I hope to see you soon.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment