Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Club Notes - Jan. 29, 2020

Another great afternoon.  Carol Grasso went to get the free sewing machine I emailed about and brought us all the other sewing items the woman was giving away. I pulled a few items the club could use and opened the rest up for anyone at the meeting to take.   I will offer the items left to the Quilters Closet sale. 

Today I showed how to make the Wild Blue Yonder block.  This uses 3 sizes of scraps, in at least 2 colors. I am attaching the instruction to my email for anyone interested in trying it.

We continued working on the Hospice quilts this week.  I came with 12 center blocks and they were all gone by the end of the afternoon.  In addition to the ones handed in today, I'm looking forward to a bunch of quilt tops coming in over the next few weeks.

Show and Tell:


Judy Mayer  showed a crumb quilt she made for the Youth Ranch.



Pat Pipa showed a collage she made of her daughter's dog and a Hospice Veteran's quilt top.

Bev Minnerly made 2 walker bags and a bean bag warmer.








B.J. Herter made 3 tissue holders for her guests for the superbowl.



Donna Rissman showed a Hospice quilt and several other quilts.





















Kiki Mitracos made a bunch of phone bags,  2 adult clothing protectors, and some pillowcases.








Diane Placek showed 2 stuffed toy fish she made by enlarging and supplementing the downloaded pattern.

 Carol Thurston made a dog bed and 3 quilt tops.







Ellen Hein came with a bunch of fleece blankets, a Hospice quilt, and a flannel baby quilt.

















Ellen also took a bolt of toweling and surged it into separate towels for us to give to one of the animal shelters.






I finished a quilt top Carol Thurston made,


 made a quilt from donated 10" squares, and finally finished a Gator quilt I am putting aside as a future gift for one of my Silver Springs State Park ranger friends.







Lorraine Manz couldn't stay for our meeting since she is working on arrangements to fly out tomorrow to visit her son and afterwards home to Canada, she dropped off a queen size quilt for donations.  We are looking forward to her return next fall.


********************

Next week Donna Rissman will be repeating her demo of the project bag.  I will sen out the supply list in a later email.

Hope to see you all next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment