Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Club Notes - July 24, 2019

Hi everyone, I'm back. We had a fun time visiting Branson and stopping at every row-by-row quilt shop we could along the way. Now if I only had time to sew as much as I buy.

Today we had a visit from one of the Daily Sun reporters. He asked a bunch of questions about what we do and stayed through show and tell.

Show and Tell:





Bev Minnerly showed another stack of lovely doll clothes.




Deb Chapman sewed a great Hospice Veteran's quilt top.



Carol Thurston finished her chenille pot holders.



Carol Riggs made some chenille pot holders and has already given them as gifts.



Audrey Phillips embroidered a patriotic tote bag.









****************************

Today's project was to make some more stuffed toys and a bunch were turned in.  I also had 4 bags of sorted quilt blocks that I offered to anyone would would sew them together and 3 of them went home with club members.  There is no time deadline on these, but I greatly appreciate the help in making these charity quilt tops. We still have loads of cut squares and other donated fabric waiting to be cut into squares or used some other way.  

While everyone else was busy sewing, Carol Thurston helped me pin a charity quilt sandwich.  I hope to get that one done this week. 
I also went through the pillowcase fabric box and trimmed a stack of cuff fabrics to size.  With Audrey Philips' help we now have a pile of pillow case fabric sets matched up and ready to sew.

Next week we take a break from sewing for our quarterly pot-luck and games.  Bring a dish to share if you can and 25 pennies or buttons for bingo.  As always, I will supply the plates, plastic ware, napkins, and ice tea.

Hope to see you all for some fun next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment