Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Club Notes - Nov 14, 2018

***NO MEETING NEXT WEEK****

I thought we were going to get drenched today, but the rain held off until long after our meeting ended.

On Monday I delivered the dolls and little elephants we made to The Villages Hospital volunteers.  They were very excited to receive them.  They will give them to children who come in to the emergency room or to visit someone in the hospital.

Lynn reported that she now has over 100 quilts to bring to the woman who is distributing them to the people in the Panama City.  She said word has gotten out and there are other communities in the Panhandle who were impacted by the hurricane who are contacting her and asking if they could get some quilts too.  Lynn said she will make another delivery Dec 3rd.  The coordinator will also be coming to the Quilt Show in January and will take another load then.  For those who use Facebook here's the link for more info : Quilts for the Panhandle

The initial goal of the quilt drive is to collect 2,000 quilts, but that is just a drop in the bucket of what is needed.  This effort will go on for a while.

Since the Boggy Creak Bear Ladies will be using our regular room again January-March, they have asked to have their shelf in the storage closet back as of Dec 1.  That means I had to take half of our boxes home for the winter.  I've left the pillow case supplies and the red, white and blue strips, along with a bin of dryer sheets for anyone who wants to use these. 

If anyone wants to put together a quilt with our blocks, please email me to request that I bring in a box with the size blocks you want to work with.  I have boxes with 3.5", 4",  4.5", 5", 5.5", 6", 6.5", and 7" blocks, as well as a box of assorted larger blocks and panels.  We have batting and backing fabrics available for charity quilts as well.  Just ask me and I will bring stuff in.

If quilts are not your thing, I have stuff for walker bags (fidget or not), duffel bags, and stuffed toys.  If you are interested in making stuff for charities, just let me know what you need.  We have more supplies than you can imagine!

Show and Tell:



Lu Karatzas showed some fabric post cards she finished.




Charlotte Cecilio got a head start on this week's project and showed a bear she made.



She Campbell showed a pillowcase her sister Jane Swafford made and didn't have a chance to hand in.






Bev Minnerly showed some doll clothes and 5 child bibs for a class of young children.






Ellen Hein showed a sleep sack she made for her grandchild.



New member Lorraine Manz dived into one of our block boxes and some sashing Mic cut last week, and completed a lovely quilt for the Panama City collection.





I made 2 pillowcases last week and finished 2 quilts.  One is for the Honor Flight and the other is a baby quilt for Panama City.






























**********************
Today's project was to make some stuffed animals for charity.  I brought in templates for about a dozen different toys.  Some of the patterns I sent out last week seemed a bit small, so I made enlarged templates for the dog, elephants, pig, and dinosaur.  If anyone would like to make larger versions of these, let me know and I'll bring the templates. 

Since next week is Thanksgiving and most people are busy the day before, there will be no meeting next week.   I will send out info for the following week's project after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment