Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Club Notes - September 12, 2018

Thanks to your efforts I was able to make 2 deliveries last week.  I brought 42 dog beds and a bag of tennis balls to the Marion County Animal Services on Friday.  On Monday I delivered 3 quilts, 6 pillowcases, 7 small drawstring bags, 1 large tote bag, a garment bag, and a large bag of soaps, shampoos, toothbrushes, etc. to the Ocala Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Center.

I also have a pile of stuff for the Sheriff's Youth Ranch put aside, to be delivered the beginning of October.  I'll report on that when it goes.

We got another donation today - a bag of fabric and 2 boxes of patterns and hand embroidery floss. I separated the fabric into pieces suitable to make dog bed sleeves and what should just be cut up for dog bed stuffing.  I offered the 2 boxes of stuff to anyone who wanted any of it and I am happy to say all but a small pile of patterns disappeared. The patterns are now in my recycle bin.

I also got some good fabric donated yesterday.  The pieces that are large enough for one or two pillowcases are now in the pillowcase fabric box.  There are also a bunch of cut and matched pillowcase bodies and cuffs in the box.  

Show and Tell:


B.J. Herter showed a snowman pillow. (This will be one of our projects in November).


Eileen DiSanto showed a stack of finished mug rugs.




Carol Riggs showed a puzzle she had made from a photo of her granddaughter.




I showed 3 of the row-by-row kits I have completed from this year's "Sew Musical" theme. (I've got lots more to work on.)
















We had fun this afternoon cutting out the doll and little elephant pieces from the donated panels, sewing them together and stuffing them.  Most were taken home to finish, but they got really close.  I finished one doll and took home 2 more to just attach the legs. 

If you took some of these dolls home to sew, please check what you have.  At the end of the day we were missing skirts for 3 of the dolls.  If you have any of these extra skirts, please let me know.

Next week we will have a guest speaker.  Eileen Callejas from Helpertunity will be coming to talk to us about the Fidget walker bags and other things they do to support those in need.  I will have some pre-cut walker bag kits available for you to work on and an assortment of fidget embellishments.  I hope you will all come out to hear our guest talk and to create a fidget walker bag.






No comments:

Post a Comment