Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Club Notes - August 1, 2018

I love all the activity this afternoon.  I was ready to do a demo but it seems most of the ladies who came today had already figured out how to make the runner.  I did a 2 minute overview and let everyone run with it.

We welcomed Ellen Hein back today.  Diane Placek brought several bags of fabric that her church craft group didn't need and several ladies went to work sorting it. They filled a dog bed and sent some fabric home with me, sorted by size.

We've missed Nita Hand the last few weeks. She has been suffering with some severe knee pain and is having trouble walking.  Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

I told the group about a fabric donation we will be receiving this week.  A lady in Allamanda (who used to own a quilt shop) put me in touch with a fabric distributor who occasionally has extra fabric to give for charity projects.  I contacted him and he is sending me a box of fabric for the shipping cost.  He said I could save $5-6 if he shipped it to a business so I worked an arrangement with A Quilting Pallet to accept it for me, as long as I pick it up within a day.  I am looking forward to seeing what we get and figuring out how best to use it.  

Show and Tell:

Bev Minnerly showed her completed fabric box.  



Eileen DiSanto made a couple of pillow cases from our fabric staff.


Diane Placek showed her completed quilted hug shawl.


Sue Campbell brought some pillow cases she made 

and a Hospice quilt that her sister Jane Swafford made.






Donna Rissman shared her experience visiting the quilt museum in Trenton, FL, across from the Suwannee Quilt shop.  They have an inspiring display of patriotic quilts that will only be there through the end of August.  Donna had pics of the quilts and one of the quilts had detailed small images of every president through Obama.  It took the artist 10 years to complete.   If you can get there this is definitely worth the drive.



B.J. Herter couldn't be at the meeting today, but she gave me her latest quilt on Tuesday.



Nita Hand also sent her completed quilt.



I showed the 4 quilts that Lynn made and I finished, by adding to the bottom to make twin length and quilting.














I also showed a car trash bag I made from a "quilt mobile" panel I found at "Wandering Stitches" last week.


Pat Pipa and I attended a paper piecing class at Allamanda on Tuesday, taught by Karen King of "A Quilting Pallet" and we showed our completed blocks.

*************************

Next week Donna Rissman will be showing us how to make a project carrier.  Supply list will be sent in a separate email.

No comments:

Post a Comment