Thursday, August 23, 2018

Club Notes - Aug 22, 2018

I got to today's club meeting late, but Pat Pipa had everything organized and took the show and tell photos. She sent me the photos and I have added them here.

I was happy to see an old friend join us today. Carol Planck is regaining her health after her lung transplant last year and is ready to get back into club activities.  We are very happy to see her out and about again, and maybe we can convince her to do  some demos on how to add bling to our projects.  😁

Show and tell:

As noted above, these are cryptic notes from the sign in log since I arrived late.  The pictures on the blog will show more detail.




Bev Minnerly  brought dog beds and Halloween wall hangings in progress










Carol Riggs showed a bed runner, mug rugs, and some proposed craft projects for our club.





Carol Planck showed a 5D Diamond Painting Clock, 2 bags embellished and several shirts   These are all done with crystal work.























She also showed a crystal art piece in progress, which is a photo of her grandsons that she had made into the base for crystal art.









When I arrived I showed a machine embroidered Cherry Blossom wall hanging I have been working on for the past few months.

**********************

Today's effort was charity sewing and free sewing.  

Next week's project will be hemming or surging badges for kids coming to Florida for the  Patriot Guard Ride.  I will not be there but I hope a bunch of you will come out to put the finishing touches on badges for these kids who have lost a parent in service to our country.


No comments:

Post a Comment