Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Club Notes - May 30, 2018

With the heavy rain this morning, I was thinking I might be the only one at El Santiago this afternoon, but I was proved wrong.  There were 14 of us and the rain held off all afternoon.  Once again we were inundated with donations of fabric scraps and an assortment of thread, a number of small scissors,  and other stuff.  Thanks to several friends who helped sort through some of it.  We filled 5 dog beds and I still brought home 3 bags that need to be checked.

Since there was some confusion in the past regarding items to be donated to the Sheriff's Youth Ranch vs the Ocala Domestic Violence Center, I now have a 2nd bag out to accept items.  Anything you would like to go to the Youth Ranch should be placed in the blue Belks bag. Items placed in the red bag with Christmas sayings on it will be donated to the Ocala Shelter.

Show and Tell:

As I predicted, lots of ducks were completed this past week.






Pat Pipa, Eileen DiSanto and I brought our ducks show.  





B.J. Herter couldn't make it today, so she gave me her duck yesterday. 


Donna Rissman sent me a photo of her duck.

They all came out so cute.









Carol Riggs made a pillow sham and a set of oven mitts with some Marine fabric for a friend.









Diane Placek showed a chalkboard placemat and a tote bag she made as gifts.







Bev Minnerly showed her latest doll clothes.








Marti Rhyne showed a reading pillow she made on her embroidery machine. 

She also shared the fun she had teaching her adult son to sew items for his baby-to-be. 






Alice Meunier showed a couple of reading pillow cases she made and a charity quilt.










Joanne Sheahan made 3 pillowcases for donation.








I showed a place mat I made to use for today's project and a horse themed quilt I made for my nephew and his wife (who have a small horse ranch in New York).






*********************

We've made a couple of changes to our upcoming project schedule.   After studying th Quilted Hugs project, Lynn Kluczynski decided it needs more than one week to complete, so I've moved it to a later time when we can spend 2 weeks on it.  Here is the schedule as it now stands:


06-Jun-18Heart PouchLu Karatzas
13-Jun-18Charity Projects- Fidget Walker BagsLois Rose
20-Jun-18Thread BoxDonna Rissman
27-Jun-18Summer Pot Luck
04-Jul-18NO MEETING
11-Jul-18Charity Projects - Quilt BlocksLois Rose
18-Jul-18Quilted Hugs Part 1Lynn K
25-Jul-18Quilted Hugs Part 2Lynn K
01-Aug-18Colorful Table runner (Using Fat Quarters)Lois Rose



I will send out a supply list for next week's project as son as i get it.  I will also send out the Quilted Hugs instructions in a separate email, so you will have time to prepare the starting piece ahead of time.

If you are working on a twin fidget quilt for the Bayview nursing, please try to have the top done by out June 13th.  We can work on adding the fidget items that day since I will be bringing fidget items.

No comments:

Post a Comment