Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Club Notes - April 11, 2018

Lots of activity today, as usual.  


Announcements: The Florida Register is celebrating it's 25th anniversary with a free contest.  All you need is to pick up a copy, clip out the entry form and mail it in.  Several Florida shops have donated the prizes.

Donna Rissman is recovering from her gall bladder surgery and is not allowed to drive or lift anything for 4-5 weeks. She sounded good, but being homebound can take it's toll.   If anyone lives near enough to Tamarind Grove Village to give her a ride to our club meetings, that would be great.  If you can, look at the directory for her contact info or email me if you can't find it.



Van  Hathaway showed a quilt top she made.  She gave this to me to sandwich and quilt as a charity donation.


Roberta Kelsey made a stack of pillowcases


Bev Minnerly showed a bunch of doll clothes she made for Giving Dolls


Diane Placek showed her finished mini gypsy bag


Eileen DiSanto showed the adult apron she made for her husband


Pat Pipa made a bunch of dog bed sleeves and draw string bags, using up some of our large stash of heavy fabric.


Marty Rhyne and Joyce Yarborough arrived a little late and brought a pillow case and 2 baby quilts that Alice Meunier made. (I heard Alice was busy golfing. ;-)))
 














I showed 2 bags I finished.  First, the bra purse that Charlotte demoed a few weeks ago that I finally put a button closure on and then the mini gypsy bag I finished last week.








**************************************

Today was charit workshop afternoon.  I haven't counted up what was turned in but I saw a bunch of patriotic dryer sheet blocks and a stack of draw string bags.  It appeared to me that there was an assembly line going on with cutting, ironing and sewing.   Great work!!

I saw Diana Gosselin going through the stack of larger fabrics, cutting and matching pillow case bodies and cuffs.  She took a big stack home to finish and also did a great job stacking boxes of fabric on our shelves so I didn't have to take as much home.  Thank you Diana!

I took the box of 7" blocks and, with help from Van and Nita, laid out several quilts.  Although we barely made a dent on the number of blocks in the box, I now have sets of blocks organized for 3 twin size quilts.

Next week Bev Minnerly will demo how to make a Kitchen Hand Towel Hanger.  I will also have charity supplies on hand in case anyone needs something else to work on.

See you next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment