Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Club Notes - July 22, 2026

The same faithful dozen ladies came out this afternoon.  The smaller meetings are nice in the summer; we get to know each other better.  I still look forward to our snowbirds and snowflakes returning with the cooler weather in the fall.

Melanie came with a bag of precuts to share.  I am told the fabric open house went well last Sunday, with only one bin of fabric left.  Melanie said she and Mic opened another 12 bags yesterday, with another 10 to go.  Plus, Melanie’s sister is bringing several more bins soon.  Since Mic will be recovering from her knee replacement in August, the next fabric open house will have to wait until September.

Donna brought the scarves, shawls and 2 toys to the Leesburg Hospital Chaplin on Monday.  The latest feedback is that she does not want scarves after all.  She would like triangle shawls, fabric, knitted or crocheted.  She loved the toys, small quilts and fidget quilts, so we can continue making these.

My only other announcement was not sewing related.   Although I try to keep politics out of our club, I do encourage everyone to vote.  If you need to learn more about the candidates, the League of Women Voters sends questions to each candidate and posts the answers on VOTE411.org.  I encourage you to learn about the candidates here and in other ways and vote your choices.

 

Show and Tell:

Pat Pipa made a scarf.


Eileen DiSanto made 2 sets of pillowcases.





Ceal Pedersen made stuffed cats, dinosaurs and 1 bear.







Eileen St Clair finished the binding on a quilt I made 


and showed a quilt top that she is giving me to quilt.



Ellen Hein made a stack of Shawls and scarves


and a Jeans quilt top.

 


We spent the rest of the afternoon as usual, chatting and working on various projects.  I brought a bag full of batting scraps and several ladies matched pieces to make 12” x 18” battings for the kennel quilts.  Any that come in next week will be given to the coordinator to mail to a shelter currently rescuing pets.

Have fun sewing this week.  I’m looking forward to seeing your creations next week, as always

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment