Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Club Notes - September 11, 2024

 There were 13 of us at El Santiago this afternoon.  We received another bin of fabric yesterday, so everyone had a chance to look through to see if they can use any of it.  I pulled some pre-cut squares to add to the appropriate boxes.

I brought orange, purple and black 5” squares in case anyone wanted to make something Halloween themed.  I also put out the dryer sheets and fabric strips for anyone interested in making some of these.

Show and Tell:


Bev Minnerly made some doll bodies for another club.



Pat Pipa made 4 dryer sheet blocks and sewed them together in an X set.


Louise Stem showed 2 pillowcases she made.  


She also showed a reusable menstrual pad kit she made for Operation Christmas Child.



Ellen made another 25 infant hats from knit fabric.  


She also showed several quilts that she added the binding to.



For those of you who handed in 9-patch blocks using 3.5" squares, this is one of the results.


The next one is made with 4.5" squares.



I don't remember who made this quilt top.



Diane Saculla turned in a twin size quilt for the Sheriff’s Youth Ranch graduates.



Anne Knoff handed in a bunch of cute cup cozies for our sale.

 



For the rest of the afternoon ladies stuffed toys, selected fabric, and sewed.  I laid out the snow-ball blocks that have been turned in, to ultimately make a quilt.  It may take a while, but I will get it done eventually.

I promise to bring more stuffing next week.  Other than that, I haven’t decided on a plan for next week yet.  I will let you know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment