Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Club Notes - May 1, 2024

There were 12 of us today and it was pretty low-key.   Several ladies brought toys to stuff and Suzette was busy stuffing them.  Ceal took home another bag full.

I let everyone know that we got enough of the items Freedom Pointe and the UF Leesburg Maternity unit requested.  Mic will deliver the items for the hospital, and I will bring the items Freedom Pointe requested. 

Show and Tell:


B.J. Herter sent 3 dinos with Bev.


Bev Minnerly made a cat and 6 walker bags.


Pat Pipa made a walker bag 


and 4 fidget quilts.


She also turned in some more 9-patch blocks.


Mary Ellen Boutin turned in a quilt top.


Ellen Hein made 10 receiving blankets and burp pad sets.  With the 2 we had from last week, that makes 12 sets that will be delivered.  



She also showed the quilts she completed the binding on this week. 

This one is the result of some of the 9-patch blocks that have been turned in.


I made this one from 3 1-yard fabrics that were donated as a matched set.
Anne Knoff made this quilt top.



I'm pretty sure this one came from Allamanda,


I made this one from a panel I found in my stash.




Lynn Delgado came a little late and brought a walker bag that her Mom Audrey Philips made.

**


Today was mostly a free-sew day.   I brought the bin of large pieces, the fat quarters, the big blocks, batting scraps, Wrap N Zap and Insul-Bright, so there was plenty for everyone to choose from.  Next week I will demonstrate how to make the butterfly potholder.  This is one of my favorites, and it would be great if we could have a bunch of these to sell in October.   I’m still hoping we can have potholders, place mats, and table runners to sell.  For those who are new, all the money from the sale goes to our charity fund and, if we have enough, we donate some to a couple of charities in November.

We still have 1 more week to meet before the rec center closes for renovations.  We haven’t had a party in a while, so I’m thinking we might have one in June.    I hope to see you next week and we can talk about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment