Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Club Notes - December 8, 2021

We had a smaller group this afternoon, as expected.  I know many of you are busy getting ready for the holiday.  I do hope you can take some time out for our Holiday party pot-luck next week.  

 Show and Tell: 



Mary Ellen Boutin turned in a walker bag 


and several totes








Ellen Hein made a fleece hat for her grandson 


and a tutu for her granddaughter.

Carolyn Grasso made a quilt using a bunch of Sesame Street characters I had fussy cut from an old blanket.
She picked a great backing for it.


She made a second quilt top using some angel fabric.
 
Carolyn also handed in 2 Christmas totes.






Audrey Philips showed the latest Sulky embroidery she tried - Holly leaf lights. 










Audrey also embroidered a gift for Brenda Severa, who has been helping her.


Ceal Pedersen showed a quilt top she completed. 











Donna Rissman has been working on pillows for the ad litem guardian group to give to the kids they represent.  She didn't bring the pillows, but she did share a photo of the ones she made so far.

 ************************

For the rest of the afternoon some ladies sewed on their own projects and some looked through the boxes of fabric I brought, planning their next projects. 
Elaine DiSanto found some fabric and started designing a quilt. 
I pulled a pile of 5" squares in the purple color family and started laying them out.  Ellen and Ceal joined me and together we designed a purple and pink quilt top, which I took home to sew together.  I also threw some green 8.5" squares on the table near the end as a start of another quilt top.  That one needs work, so it will go on my design wall for modifications before I sew it together. 

Next week is our Holiday party.  Dishes, etc have been taken care of.  Bring a main dish, salad, or dessert of your choice to share.  I will bring the beverages and games. Don't forget your pennies or buttons for bingo.   Show and tell is also encouraged, as always. Hope to see you next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment