Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Club Notes - December 15, 2021

We had a small but very fun group at today's Christmas party.   Great food and lots of laughs.  Every year I give a gift to the club member who made it to the most meetings and this year the gift went to Ceal Pedersen.




Show and Tell:



Mary Ellen Boutin showed her Christmas tree Napkins 

and a beautiful clack and white nine-patch quilt top.






Pat Pipa put her new embroidery machine to use and made a Christmas tissue box cover. 





When renewing our room reservation for the upcoming year, the coordinator for our area, Regina, asked if I knew anyone who might be willing to make some aprons for her daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters.
I referred her to Mic Pickard.  Mic took them to Sew Mini Things to pick out fabric and made the 3 aprons with the fabric they chose, 3 different colors of the same print.






Deb Chapman was busy making another purse, 




a star ornament, 




and her final block of the month for 2021.  
She also brought a quilt made by another member of the Quilting Bees, with a request that it be donated to the Sheriff's Youth Ranch.  I will hold it for one of the 2022 graduates.




Audrey Phillips was  busy making Christmas gifts.  She showed a teddy bear she made, 


some placemats,

 and a completed border fabric table runner.  


She also showed the tree napkins she finished


 and a one-hour table runner she made a few years ago.





I had some fun this week making Owliver and Owlivia from a Shabby Fabrics pattern.




*************************
Last week I was able to bring a bunch of zipper bags, tote bags, pillowcases, and 4 quilts to the Ocala Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Center.  I also delivered all the stuffed toys that have been turned in to the Villages Hospital Auxiliary.  I don't think I mentioned it in last week's note, but I delivered 29 dog beds to the South Lake Animal League this month as well.

We had a very productive year.  I reported 1,326 items, over $34,000 worth of donations to the Quilting guild via Allamanda this year. I estimated that 870 of those items were made by members of Sewing 'N More.  You ladies are all incredible!!

A few weeks ago I sent out emails to members who have not come to meetings this year.  For those who have not responded that they want to stay on the mailing list, this will be the last email they will get.  They can always come back and we will happily welcome them, but in the meantime I don't want to clog anyone's email.  Those of you still on the list will see the sign-in sheet reduced a bit.  

Next week I'm guessing many of you will be away, but we will still have a meeting.   I think it would be a good time to just make some stuffed toys.  I'll bring the box of large pieces of fabric and the patterns for several of the easy toys.  

Hope to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment