Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Club Notes - March 24, 2021

 

This afternoon was the last time we had to meet in an alternate room.  Next week we will be back in the Hula Lounge at El Santiago for the rest of the year.  It will be good to have a consistent room again.

COVID Vaccine update - I have heard from 53% of our total membership saying they have received at least 1 shot of the vaccine. I counted 34 members who actually attended meetings in 2019, and 94% of those ladies have received the vaccine.  I have heard that the recreation department is going to release new guidelines on April 1st, so I will let you know when I get the release.

Show and Tell:


Ellen DiSanto showed the stuffed animals she completed.
 
 


Pat Pipa took a set of patriotic dryer sheet blocks that needed to be separated from the red sashing that we ran out of and sewed them back together with more blocks to complete a quilt top.
 
 
She also showed a tote bag she made and an applique wall hanging she made for the Allamanda paint chip challenge.

 
 
 



 

 
 
Brenda Severa finished the binding on 2 patriotic quilts that will go to Compassionate Care Hospice.
 

 ( I made this one from a panel, some dryer sheet blocks, and some other leftover fabric.)





Diane Placek showed a prayer quilt she made for her church group to give to a boy graduating this year.

 
 
Pam Thompson handed in a pile of patriotic dryer sheet blocks and showed a small zipper bag she made to hold her cosmetics.  (Pam is going back north in a few days but promised she will be back next January.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ellen Hein brought back 4 bags full of quilts I had given her to add the binding.

I can't find who made this quilt top.  If you claim it I will update this blog entry.







All the quilt tops made from 6.5 inch blocks were made by Ellen.


 









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I made these quilts. 

This one was one piece of fabric with bird squares.  It only needed to be widened with a side border.
 
A pattern I found interesting and easy, that I wanted to try.

 
 
This was a Stonehenge panel I had in my stash that I decided to donate.
 
This pattern is called Split Rock.  It is mainly 10" x 2.5" strips, with some neutral angled pieces in between.  Once you get it all cut, it is an easy one to put together. 


 


I showed a gift bag I made to hold my husband's birthday present and a Mega-Pinni I made for the Allamanda paint chip challenge.

*****************************
To explain the paint chip challenge everyone who wanted to participate had to choose paint chips where the first letter of each paint color matched our initials.  My initials (including my maiden name) are L.A.P.R., so the paint chips I choose are Laser (Green), Atlantis Pearl (Off White), Placid Sea (Blue), and Rockwall Vine (Dark Green). 

***************************
On Tuesday I received 8 boxes/bags of fabric, donated via the 4H club.  A woman passed away and her children donated all her sewing supplies to the 4H club.  They took what they could use and gave us the rest.   I brought 2 boxes to the meeting for sorting.  Ceal and Pam went through and sorted them for us.  2 of the other boxes contained squares cut in various sizes.  I will bring them next week so we can merge them with the others we already have.  I hope to find time to check what is in the other boxes over the weekend.

Hope to see you next Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment