Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Club Notes - Nov 13, 2019

This afternoon's meeting was full of the unexpected. It started with 3 people from the Daily Sun coming it to see what we are about.  Unfortunately, they were not planning to stay long and had to leave before we officially started the meeting.

Donna Rissman was scheduled to give today's demo, but she called me to say she had a flat tire.  In case she couldn't make it, I brought several boxes of fabric for charity projects and we started with that alternate plan.  Luckily, AAA arrived earlier than she expected and she was able to make it to show us how to make the mat carrier/ironing pad.   The instructions are attached to my email.  The dimensions are for a 24' X 18" mat, but you can make it the size of the mat you want to carry.  You can also put a ruler inside and this will make it firmer. 

We had a new prospective member named Eileen checking us out.  She was looking for a place to use her sewing for charity.  I think she will be back. 


During the last half of our meeting time a couple of plumbers came in to fix a slow draining sink.  I don't know what was in the drains, but it did smell awful for a while. I hope the fix is permanent.


Show and Tell:



Pat Pipa completed her collage of a dog.


Eileen DiSanto made 4 stuffed animals.



Carol Lamb also made stuffed animals. She also showed 3 baby quilts she donated.








Charlotte made stuffed animals. She also made some draw-string back-packs out of a tablecloth she no longer needs.




Carol Riggs showed a ruler bag she made.


Ellen Hein showed a couple of vinyl bags she made.



Kiki Mitracos made a lovely large bag to be donated and a smaller black and white bag for herself. 




Ann Knoff finished the 2 Christmas stockings I brought in last week with a lovely furry cuff.  (I rewarded her with a couple more I found.)
















I showed my finished butterfly collage and a quilt that several club members helped me design with our 6 inch blocks a few weeks ago.


***************************************

Next week was planned to be a charity workshop, so I will bring much of the same supplies again next week.  There are a couple of ladies who said they would like to know how to make the dryer sheet blocks and how to make pillowcases with our hotdog pattern.  I will show these if anyone is interested.


Kiki will also give us a demo on how to make the yo-yo flowers she has been showing us.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment