Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Club Notes - July18, 2018

Today was a typical summer meeting day. There were only 12 of us there, but lots of fun activity.

Show and Tell:

Bev Minnerly made 2 fidget walker bags and 2 draw-string duffel bags. 

(As a reminder, the shelter is always looking for 2 sizes drawstring bags - small ones (12" x 14") with squared off bottoms to hold a water bottle and some info pamphlets and larger ones that can hold a person's belongings when they need to leave home.)


Eileen DiSanto made 3 charity pillowcases.


I finished a charity quilt with some blocks I organized a few weeks ago.


Lynn brought info on the Sumter County Vial of Life program.  For info, click on the link.  


*******************************


For today's project, Lynn demonstrated how to make the Quilted hug shawl.  Several ladies brought their prepared fabrics and began the process.  We will finish these next week.

In addition to the project, several ladies helped me sort donated fabric and batting scraps into usable versus dog bed filling.  Another lady cut the fabric that was donated as pillowcase bodies into 27" pieces. It yielded 31 body pieces - 14 blue and 17 yellow.  I will look for coordinating cuff fabric over the next few weeks.  

We filled 4 dog beds with the scraps.

The quilt tops continue to come in and I thank you for your efforts.  Last week Diana Gosselin brought in 2 and Lynn brought 4.  This week Carol Thurston brought in 2 vintage tops that were found in a deceased friend's stash.  When I got home tonight I cut batting and went through our box of large fabrics to find backing for these. Some will be easier to complete than others, but I hope to start working on them soon, in between my other projects..

Next Thursday is our next shop hop day and there is still room in my van if anyone is interested.  
Hope to see you all next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment