Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Club Notes - Nov 15th, 2017

Lots of activity today.  More pillowcases came in for both Ryan's Case and  and the Sheriff's Youth Camps, plus several more Hospice Veterans quilts.  Lynn reported that she turned over 37 pillowcases to the Sheriff's camps, and that doesn't count the ones she collected today.

As of tonight we have 22 completed Hospice Veteran's quilts, and I think there are at least 5 more being worked.  In addition, I reported that I delivered 19 quilts to Sew-Mini Things for distribution to the kids from Puerto Rico who have come to Florida to go to school.  I also have a stack of baby quilts and 2 large bags of stuffed toys that I plan to deliver by the first week of December.  Tomorrow I am bringing a pile of dog beds to the Marion County Animal Services and another pile of pillowcases and small toiletries to the Ocala Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault shelter.  You have all been busy and our neighbors in need are very grateful.  I am very proud of you all.

***************

Show and Tell:

Bev Minnerly showed some pajamas she made for her grandkids.



Brenda Severa made a couple of snap bags, some pillowcases, and 2 Hospice quilts.








Carol Riggs: made an I-Spy quilt for her granddaughter.





Eileen DiSanto showed some pillowcases and the kid's quilt she is almost finished with.  She will be adding this to our charity pile.









Joanne Sheahan made some great colorful pillowcases.






Alice Munier made a reading pillow.



Susie Pendry made some pillowcases.



I showed an apple table runner I made from a kit and my embroidered Thanksgiving tile wall hanging.







***************************

There will be NO MEETING next week.  Happy Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment