Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Club Notes for Oct 4, 2017

We had 19 members come to the meeting today plus 2 guests.  Diana Gosselin gave the demo on how to make a cute little backpack change purse. and I saw a couple in progress.  




Kathy Franklin actually finished hers by the end of the meeting.  Way to go Kathy!








Show and Tell:



We welcomed Brenda Severa back from her summer up north. She came with a stack of table runners she made as Christmas gifts.  



Ellen Hein took some time off of making baby stuff this week and came with a stack of completed pillowcases. She also showed one of several pajama bottoms she made for the girl scouts.







Nella Rose will be celebrating her birthday on Saturday, so she made a birthday quilt.  Each block in the quilt represents something in her life.  What a great idea!.
It turns out one of our newer members, Lynn Kluczynski, shares Nella's birthday. 





Diana Gosselin showed a great Halloween Shadows embroidery.  It turns out her birthday was yesterday.  Her sister Doreen was here with her today, visiting to celebrate Diana's Birthday.





Joanne Sheahan showed a beautiful scrappy bargello quilt.  She did a beautiful job on the backing as well.






Mary Nazgiewicz made some pillowcases this week.  She also showed the beginnings of a quilt top she and Charlotte Cecillio made using the web method I showed a few weeks ago. 





Pat Pipa showed the needle case she finished from last week's demo.  Great job.

I saw a couple more of these still being worked this week.  I love to see these projects getting completed.



Carol Coyne finished the fidget walker bag she has been working on for a relative in a nursing home.  Great job Carol.


I showed 2 charity quilts I finished this week. The first one is a complete quilt top that came in as a donation.  Carol Riggs helped me pin this one last week so I was able to make quick work of it once I got it home.  The second one was a quilt I've been fighting with for months. The donated fabrics finally came together with some of my odds and ends fabrics.  Carol helped me by ironing the top and back last week so I was able to finish this one over the weekend.


******************

We spent the rest of the meeting on free sew and fabric sorting. We now have a pile of fabric that can be cut into larger blocks.  I was also able to cut enough 8 inch blocks to organize another quilt.  I hope to continue cutting up the massive amounts of fabric into usable pieces.

******************
NEXT WEEK

We will have a special guest next week.  Sheila Hubble, from the Wemyss School of Needlework in Scotland, will be coming to tell us about the school.  This should be a very interesting presentation on this 140 year old school and I hope you all will be able to come out to hear our guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment