Thursday, July 6, 2017

Club Notes - July 5, 2017

I think everyone enjoyed Nita's demo yesterday on the travel jewelry bag.  Somehow the directions didn't make it home with me but Susan Morris took photos of them and she was kind enough to send them to me.  They are attached to the email I sent out today.

Sorry if I was a little scattered yesterday.  My mind has been jumping around in a bunch of different places lately, but I'm hoping things settle down soon.

Announcements from yesterday:

The new Florida County Register newspaper is in.  Please take your free copy at our meeting.

Congratulations to Mary Nazgiewicz on the birth of her granddaughter!

A quote from her Facebook post:
"Savannah Grace Feely was born at 7:16 a.m. on Wednesday morning at 9 pounds, 12 ounces - after a 20-hour labor. She had a rough start with breathing on her own, and they even considered at first flying her to Shands or Winnie Palmer hospital. But miraculously, she made a 180-degree turn within a few hours and is now in great hands in the NICU here in Leesburg. She still needs a little help breathing, but she's a fighter and we appreciate all your support and prayers."

Linda Parr's husband is home and has been receiving home health care. Linda said the first few days were tough but when I spoke to her he was doing better.

Assisted Living Item Distribution Assistance:
I was at the Sewing Studio of Lake Lake last week at just the right time for Lynn to introduce me to a woman named Eileen Callejas from Helpertunity.  This group works to train and support the healthcare activity personnel in the area.  They currently have a project to make combination walker bag/fidget pillow covers and have kits available at the Sewing Studio for sewers to check out and bring back to the store, the same way we do with the pillowcases for Ryan's Case.  I picked up one of the kits and will be making one this week.  Next week I will demo this as part of our charity workshop.  Ms. Callejas also agreed to take and distribute any walker bags or fidget quilts we make, so we now have a consistent way to get these out to the people who need them!

Show and Tell 




Donna Rissman showed a box she made from fabric strips and a pretty mesh bag.









 Laura Tomich made a light jacket from a fabric with a lacy trim on the bias.  The bias cut was a challenge but she pulled it off nicely.  She also showed a jewelry bag like the ones Nita demoed this week (only she made hers many years ago) and a purse.









Marty Rhyne showed a cute little purse she made on her embroidery machine.



Charlotte Cecilio was proud to show her new 10 pound Brother sewing machine.  She now has a light enough machine to bring to meetings and join in the sewing fun!






Eileen DiSanto showed the fabric on clothesline bowl she finished.


Chris Leedy showed a sign she made on her embroidery machine for her sewing room







Shirley Minier was back with us this week and she showed a lovely table runner.



I showed my nearly complete 2017 Row by Row quilt.  Thanks to Chris Leedy for helping me get the binding on during yesterday's meeting. I am embroidering the label as I type this and hope to get it to a quilt shop this afternoon.

***************


Next week is charity project week and, as I said above, I will be demoing the combination fidget walker bag pillow case lap desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment