Thursday, June 15, 2017

Club Notes - June 14, 2017

Yesterday's meeting ran a little different than our usual charity workshops. A few dyers sheet blocks were made, but most of the ladies spent the afternoon sorting through the fabric we have.  In addition to the supplies I brought out of storage we received at least 3 large bags and 3 large bins of donations today. A couple of ladies spent the afternoon sorting fabric into blocks strips, or fabric to be cut into blocks.   I brought my Acquiquilt Go-cutter and it got put to good use, but we still barely made a dent in what we have.  I love the fact that we get these donations, but I am also sometimes overwhelmed.  I am sure I left today with more boxes and containers than I came with.  I just barely managed to squeeze it all into my van.   I got lucky when I got to my storage place though.  A gentleman on his way out saw the load I had and asked if I could use some help, which I gladly accepted.

Show and Tell:



Jane Swafford showed her finished 4-way placemat and a lovely pile of pillowcases.
















Linda Parr has been busy in the couple of weeks since the last time when was able to get to one of our meetings.  She crocheted a baby afghan on the bias, finished a Hospice Veterans quilt, and a couple of little zipper bags.




















Lu Karatzas showed her finished flag pin cushion.  She is going north for the summer this week and we will miss her.













Mary Nazgiewicz made a pile of lovely pillow cases






Donna Rissman showed her completed flag cushion, but I hesitate to call it a pin cushion.  She filled it with aquarium rocks! 


She also showed a tote bag she completed and a Hospice Veterans quilt.



Pat Pipa showed the project we will be working on next week.  This project is a basket made from cotton clothesline, strips of fabric (1/2 - 3/4 inch wide), and a glue stick.   (These are the supplies you need for next week.)





Laura Tomich showed the pillow cases she made this week.






I showed a quilt I finished from some of our donated blocks.  Ellen Hein and Eileen DiSanto help me lay the blocks out in a pattern during our last charity workshop.








**********
Supplies for next week's project:
Cotton clothes line (available at Walmart)
strips of fabric (1/2 - 3/4 inch wide)
a glue stick.
a heavy duty needle (Jeans needle 90/14 or 100/16)

I will also have the bin of pillowcase fabric and fabric for dryer sheet blocks as usual, in case you want to do some of that.  Hope to see you all next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment