Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Club Notes - May 24, 2017

15 ladies braved the weather to come out this afternoon, including one new member.  Carol Coyne is also new to the Villages.  Welcome Carol.

Paul Farineau stopped by at the beginning of our meeting to pick up 4 completed Cornerstone Hospice quilts and to give us 5 more blocks.  I handed out 2 of these today and know of 2 others that are currently out there.  I've misplaced my list so if you have one of these please drop me a note and let me know.  There's no rush to get them done, I just would like to know who has them.\

Show and Tell:  (photos at  http://sewingn-more.blogspot.com/)

Bev Minnerly didn't have time to do any sewing this weekend.  She was too busy nursing a couple of orphaned baby bunnies she found in her back yard.  After several days of feeding them every 2 hours and calling all over trying to find an animal rescue that would take them, she finally got them into good hands.  Yeah Bev!


Diana Gosselin was very busy.  She came in with 13 completed pillowcases.









Lu Karatzas made 2 great back packs for the foster kids.











Ellen Hein and B.J. Herter each came in with beautiful rag quilt tote bags.  Both bags are also reversible.








Donna Rissman made 2 flower wreaths to use as wall decor.











I finished 2 pillowcases for myself and 3 for Case for Smiles.  I also made a fidget quilt, finished an honor flight quilt, and embroidered one of my old t-shirts.

































****************************

During demo time, Donna Rissman gave a great explanation of how to make a t-shirt quilt.   She also provided us with a written instruction, which is attached to this email.

18 more pillow cases were handed in this week, 10 for Case for Smiles and 8 for the Ocala Shelter.  Plus more fabric was cut to work on next week.

Next week Mary Nazgiewicz is going to show us how to make a unique placemat.  I will send out a supply list in a few days when I get it from Mary.  Hope to see you all next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment