Sunday, July 24, 2016

July 20th Notes

It sounds like those who made it last week had fun with the neck pillows.  I missed being with you all, but I did have fun working with Camp Villages kids on Tuesday and Freedom Point oldsters on Wednesday.  Ray had a stomach virus on Thursday, so I stayed home to take care of him and used the time to organize my fabric stash.  He was well enough by Friday afternoon to want to get out of the house so we went to a couple of quilt stores on the Florida Lighthouse shop hop.  We continued that quest all day yesterday, so after 3 outings I now have 18. The contest has 3 levels of prizes, 20 stores, 30 stores, or 42.  I'm trying for the 30!

I'm looking forward to our shirt apron project this week.  The instructions and diagram Kathy Jones provided were attached to this week's email.  Please print your copy before the meeting.   I will only have a few with me. 

Remember to bring a shirt you would like to work with.  If you can't find an old shirt in the closet that you are willing to transform, go to one of the thrift stores in the area. You can pick one up for only a few dollars. The only other supplies needed are a rotary cutter and your sewing machine.

Show and Tell:

 Donna Rissman showed an Art Quilting Board and she did an impromptu demo
 Eileen DiSanto made 3 pillowcases this week.

Nita Hand had purse pocket to show



 Kathy Nichols led the group in making travel neck pillows.



















Audrey Phillips, Jane Swafford, Sue Campbell, and  Linda Parr completed the neck pillow before the end of the meeting.

These look great ladies!I may have to try one myself someday.

























Looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday!

Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment