Twelve of us were back this afternoon. I came with the remnants of Mary Kahlow’s sewing supplies. There were fabric, notions, and stabilizers. I was glad to see that most of it went home with someone. After everyone had a chance to look through, I separated out anything I thought useable and designated the rest for Good Will. Ellen will drop those items off.
We learned that Carolyn Grasso is putting her house up for
sale. As soon as it sells, she will be
moving back to Pennsylvania. She will
stay on our email list and send flat animals down when she can. I will be selfish and hope it takes a while
for her house to sell. We will miss her.
Show and Tell:
Louise Stem made 5 pillowcases from fabric she got at Mic’s house in the last giveaway
Ceal Pedersen showed the cats and dinos she finished this week.
Pat Pipa finished several pillowcases, using fabric Laura Tomich gave us before she moved.
Donna Rissman handed in several animals to be stuffed.
Diane Placek made a backpack and pencil case for her church’s back to school drive.
Ellen Hein showed the quilts she finished the binding on this week and several quilt tops she made (including backing).
Ellen handed this one, and the next 2, with backing, for me to quilt.
There was lots of toy stuffing and quilt making during the
rest of the afternoon. Everyone got a
chance to look though the donations again. I also brought the cotton batting
for anyone who wanted to make kennel quilts.
Hope to see you next week.
Lois
No comments:
Post a Comment