Monday, March 23, 2020

March 2020 - Club Hiatus

Due to the COVID-19 social distancing orders it will be awhile before we can resume club meetings.  I want to keep in touch with all of you.  I hope you are all doing well, staying safe, and keeping busy.

For the past 3 weeks I have been busy catching up with the pile of quilt tops that have been turned in.  On Friday I finished quilting the last of the 10 twin size quilts that were handed in.  Donna, Ellen and Lu were kind enough to volunteer to do the final binding on them.  

With those out of my UFO pile, I quilted 2 Veteran's Hospice quilts.  Today I was able to hand 6 of these over to the Hospice coordinator.
Saturday I took a break from quilting and made 6 drawstring duffel bags from some home-decor fabric that we had. I also had a call from our friend Nita Hand.  She invited me over to clear some craft items out of her garage.   She gave me a bunch of zippers, fiberfill, fleece, a roll of vinyl, doggy bed scraps, and a bunch of shirts that I think we can donate to the youth ranch.  Some are blank and brand-new, but the ones with a logo I think we can applique over.  She has other stuff to give away too, so we may visit her garage again sometime.
 Sunday I got a second wind and quilted the 3 smaller quilts that were handed in.  Ellen picked these up for binding on Monday, as well as giving me one more to quilt.  I will get to that soon, but I picked up one of my own UFO quilts this morning and hope to get that quilt top done this week.

If you have a quilt to go to the Sheriff's Youth Ranch, I would greatly appreciate it if you can get it to me by April 8th.  If it is a quilt top that I would need to add backing, batting & quilt, I would appreciate getting it sooner so we can give them to Skip by mid April.  

If you've been working on projects , send me a note and let me know what you're doing so I can share with the group.  And please, if you need anything, let me know. 

Lynn Kluczynski spent the last month making 100 lined drawstring bags for Beads of Courage, based in Tuscon, AZ.  Their website is beadsofcourage.org if anyone is curious about what they do with seriously ill children.

Charlotte Cecelio has been busy making the red, white and blue dryer sheet blocks.  She called to ask how many are needed to make an Honor Flight quilt.  I think we will see a quilt top when we are allowed to meet again.
 Ellen Hein finished the duffel bags for the Sheriff's Youth Ranch 2020 graduates. She has been adding the binding to the quilts we have for these kids and making several other quilt tops to reduce her stash.  
  
 Remember, we are the Sewing N More family, and you may be practicing social distancing, but you are not alone.  Please reach out if you need anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment