Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Club Notes - Aug 14, 2019

It was great to see those of you who braved the rain drops today.  Carol Riggs brought some of the items she had left from her sale to offer to our group.  Pat Pipa came and showed us all that she had the stitches out on Sunday and looked fine.  


Pat delivered the 28 crate pads that she and I made for Poodles and Pouches and had a long conversation with the woman she delivered them to. She told us that, although the owner of the puppy mill had over 200 dogs, he was only told to reduce the number by 30, not go out of business.  The rescue operation managed to get 73 of them and it is doubtful any more can be rescued.  They will do their best to care for the ones they have.

Since these dogs have never been trained where to do their business, the group has requested that we make belly bands for the male dogs.  These are used to hold a pad, like a diaper.  Pat brought 3 samples and I took them home to create instructions on how to make them.  We changed our future project schedule to make a bunch of these next week.  I will send out the instructions separately.

******************************

Show and Tell:


Bev Minnerly finished 2 barrel duffle bags started in a project last year.




Donna Rissman finished a casserole carrier 




 and showed several table runners she made with border fabric, using a different pattern.  (This is an easy, free pattern from Jinny Beyer and I've attached it to my email for anyone interested.)



Lastly, she showed a cutting mat bag that has an ironing surface on the back.



Carol Thurston made another great fidget walker bag. (I found 2 in my bag when I went home, so she may have snuck another one in during the meeting. )


At the beginning of the summer I gave Ellen Hein all the fleece we had.  She came back to us with 11 lovely fleece blankets.




Mic Pickard came with another bag full of frogs and bunnies.





I showed a quilt Pat Pipa sewed together from blocks and I finished backing, quilting & binding.




I also showed the table runner I finished from last week's demo, plus another smaller one I made from a different pattern.  






I also showed 4 placemats I made from the leftover fabric.  (I played with the fabric to create different designs.)







*******************************
We spent the afternoon making pillowcases from the fabrics in our stash.  At the end of the day we had 7 pillowcases done and several ladies took some home to work on over the week.

We also sent Bev home with a carload of stuff for the Sheriff's Youth Range.  Between the stack I brought from home and what came in today, we sent them 9 quilts, 11 fleece blankets, 7 pillow cases, 2 duffle bags, 11 zip bags, 1 table runner, and a shower curtain.
I also held  4 pillowcases from today aside for the Ocala shelter.  I'll report on that when I make that delivery.

Hope to see you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment