Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Club Notes - Dec. 12, 2018

What a great party today!  I love the fact that, without any specific sign-up, we had plenty of main dishes and plenty of desserts.  All the food was really good, I know I wasn't the only one who went back for seconds.

Thank you all for the Christmas gift.  I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.  I couldn't ask for a nicer group of friends to share my Wednesday afternoons with.

Each year I give a special gift to the person who has attended the most club meetings over the year.  This year it was Bev Minnerly. 

In other business news, Ray and I delivered 33 dog beds a bag full of tennis balls, and another bag of towels and dog treats to the South Lake Animal League last Saturday..  They were very happy to get them. 

I began keeping a record of the value of our charitable donations this year, starting in March.  This is just the estimated value of materials used and does not reflect the time spent in making the items.  As of this past week, we have donated $17,689.55 worth of items to 11 different organizations.  Included in that total are 60 quilts, 173 pillowcases and 218 dog beds.  Thank you all for all your efforts.

Show and Tell:

Somehow the list didn't make it home with me, so I'm writing this from memory.  Don't worry, I know who you all are.  

Last week's easy quilt lesson was a great success, judging by the quilts that came back today.  

Pat Pipa, 
Mic Pickard, 


Eileen DiSanto, 

Brenda Severa, 











Ellen Hein, 

and I all brought in completed checkerboard quilts.





 Pat Pipa also finished one of the dolls and little elephants we made a few weeks ago.


Mic Pickard made a set of place mats for her daughter's in-laws.



Bev Minnerly showed another set of cute doll clothes and a nice travel toiletry bag she made.




Lu Karatzas showed a quilt she made for her 13 year old grandson and shared the story of how she took him shopping to pick out the fabric.

She also showed some more of the pocket scarves she showed and explained last week.


Charlotte Cecilio showed her "Florida Reindeer", made from the palm bark that fell on her lawn.


Donna Rissman finished a piece of flannel with a coordinating flannel border.


Ellen Hein took all the flannel I brought in last week and added borders to each piece   All of these flannel blankets are going into the January delivery to Panama City, with the quilts.













Linda Parr made a casserole carrier and an embroidered holiday banner.






Alice Meunier showed a stack of place mats that she and the others at that back table made for the Sheriff's Ranch.


I finished 3 Gingerbread Man dolls and 2 little dinosaurs.


*********************

The challenge of the day was a sheet of pictures representing 24 Christmas songs. The test was to name the song the picture described.  Everyone had fun with this.
We then played December word Bingo.  I think everyone had fun.

*****************

Since I expect many of you might be busy or traveling, next week I've scheduled a repeat project.  We'll be making microwave potato cooking bags.  I have the correct cotton batting which you can buy from me for $.50 for the correct size piece.  I will send out more into in a separate email.

No comments:

Post a Comment