Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Club Notes - March 7, 2018

Bev gave a great demo on how to make adult bibs this afternoon and we had lots of comments on alternate uses for this accessory.  I traced the template she brought and will scan it and send it out as soon as I get a free minute.

Show and Tell:




Pat Pipa knitted a sweater and made a bunch of the Jelly Bean bags (from the demo 2 weeks ago) to sell at the Busy Hands upcoming sale.




Donna Rissman was inspired by the Jelly Bean bags and stuffed some to create versions that sit up.  She also showed an easy Easter placemat, some hot pads with quilter sayings, and an Honor Flight quilt.





Bev Minnerly made 2 micro wave bowl holders and a travel tray as gifts for a friend.






Linda Parr Showed a reading pillow made at the MEQ club for donation to the area Foster children, and a baby bib.





I showed a Gypsy bag I made. I will be adjusting this pattern to make a smaller version, which will be in a future demo.








****************
We had 4 more bags of scrap fabric delivered at the beginning of the meeting.  Several ladies who were not working on the current project pitched in to sort it out.  They filled a bunch of dog beds and separated out a small amount of usable fabric.  THANK YOU!

I spent the afternoon pinning a Christmas quilt sandwich. This one is from fabric Van and I sorted a few weeks ago,   I now have 2 red charity scrappy quilts sandwiched and waiting to be quilted, as soon as I get my quilting table back (long story).

Next week we will meet at Mulberry Grove for a St Patrick's  pot luck.  As usual, I will provide plates, plasticware, ice tea and some games.  Bring 25 pennies or buttons for bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment