Thursday, December 7, 2017

Club Notes - Dec 6, 2017

It was a small group this week but not lacking in fun. 




Paul Farineau came by to pick up the Hospice quilts we have made so far.. We gave him 35!!  





If anyone still has some to turn in, no problem.  They can always use more. I only wanted to turn over the 2 full bags we had.  Paul brought be another 15 center blocks that I will share between our club and some of the quilt guild chapters our club members belong to.



We also got a thank you letter from the Shriners for the 45 pillowcases we gave them.

Show and Tell:




Ellen Hein brought a Hospice quilt with a great backing.  





She also showed burp clothes and hats she made for her grandson.






Ellen also made some baby items for Linda Parr's soon-to-be great-granddaughter.



 Linda is crocheting a blanket for this great-granddaughter and she showed the almost complete effort.





I showed a stuffed elephant I made from a panel I found in one of our donations, and a baby quilt I made from a kit I found in the sale bin in one of the summer shop-hops.





*************************

Our project today was Fidget Walker quilts.  I finished one and saw everyone else working at theirs.  I am hoping to have a few done for area nursing homes to give as presents for their residents for the Holidays.

We had a surprise visitor stop in this afternoon.  He was waiting for his turn to visit a party in the next room and decided to come in to see if we were being good.  (We received a positive word and a chocolate candy .)

Next week Donna Rissman will be leading a mesh bag project.  I will get a list of supplies from her and send it out. I did a web search and found that you can order the mesh from Amazon if you can't get to a shop that has it.

I will be arriving a little late next week but Lu Karatzas is back and will get the meeting started.  See you next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment