Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Club Notes - Sept 13, 2017

I was glad to see so many of you come out this afternoon.  It was good to get away from the post-Irma work and have some fun.  I brought some partially completed quilts hoping some of you would be able to finish them and was more than pleasantly surprised that they all were taken. Linda Parr, Diana Gosselin, and Nella Rose each took a baby quilt to finish, and Bev Minnerly took two remaining pieces of the cut quilt to turn into fidget quilts.

Show and Tell:


Linda Parr showed a tea towel engraved with a cardinal, a child's roadway quilt for the Foster kids organization, and a Fall quilt for us to donate to a charity.








Bev Minnerly showed the pineapple back pack she completed from last week and brought the Giving Dolls doll again (see last week's photos) to show the group.






Diana Gosselin showed 2 lovely pillows and a Halloween wall hanging.










Mary Kahlow showed a great pumpkin wall hanging.



Roberta Kelsey came with 4 pillowcases.





Nella Rose made a bag out of one of her old denim skirts and turned some denim that we couldn't use into a couple of great aprons.



Mary Nazgiwicz  made 2 great pillowcases.




Eileen DiSanto showed a snap purse she completed.




I finished 3 quick charity projects - a Hospice Veterans quilt, a child's backpack, and a fidget walker bag. 






 I also showed the machine embroidered lace sewing machine I completed over the past couple of weeks.


*********************





After show and tell I explained what was in the boxes I brought for today's project and what needed to be done with each.  I then watched as everyone dived in to tackle one of the tasks.  Some took bags of blocks and laid them out into quilt rows.  Two ladies actually started sewing a quilt together. Several sorted the random pile of blocks by size for future quilts.  A couple of us matched sets of 4 3.5 inch blocks to be sewn together to make larger blocks.   Near the end of the meeting I got out my GO cutter and process a pile of fabric scraps into 3.5, 4.5, and 5 inch squares.  We still have lots to cut up, but today we made a huge progress in turning other people's scraps into quilts for someone in need.  Thank you all.

If any of you took blocks home to be sewn together and need some batting or backing fabric to complete the quilt, email me with the size of the quilt top and tell me what is needed to finish it.  I will see what I have in our donation stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment